New announcements.

Moderators: Commander, The Blood Order

Crikket
High Wizard
High Wizard
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Crikket » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:25 am

I'll use this to keep track of what needs to be done and what's been added.

For those items I could use help with, I'll mark them with :!: and explain what I might need help with.

Feel free to post and ask for features too.

TO-DO:
  • New theme, currently thinking of a terminal look similar to the intro page. Opinions/ideas would be appreciated.
    [s]
  • Fix up ranks for all the members.
    EDIT: Almost all the ranks are now in place, some of the more "special" ranks are still missing as I don't have the rank images for 'em. Such as Khanalogy.[/s]
  • Add a LIKE options for the posts. There's now a LIKE system in place. You can also see how many likes you've gotten in total on your mini-profile.
  • :!: Add medals. if anyone has copies of the old medals, that'd be sweet.
    EDIT: Got copies of most the old medals, just need to find a plugin to handle them.
  • :!: More sub-forums and categories. Need to know what to add.
    EDIT: We've added quite a few subforums now, but I quess they still need some work.
  • New emoticons. Got a good set of emoticons, just need to add them all.
  • Vault21 bbcode needs to be fixed. Vault21 is now mostly fixed thanks to Donnie.
  • Add a links/games bar like we had on old forums.

Gargantua
Raider Leader
Raider Leader
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Gargantua » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:38 pm

that's a lot to start with Crikket. Ranks so I can organize the membership would be most appreciated.

I am going to work on some of the stickies.

Gargantua
Raider Leader
Raider Leader
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Gargantua » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm

We also could use a link to these forums from the main page - if/when you get a chance.

As for theme... I really liked elements from the last one, like the rotating member images and security feeds. If we could drag that into a terminal theme, like from the main page, that would be epic!

Any way we could increase the size of the entry terminal image? and then post the forums into that image? or have some kind of transition to make it appear seamless? Would be pretty epic...

Killer1986Chris
Raider
Raider
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Killer1986Chris » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:57 pm

More an as we go idea, in the generic game section could we have sub boards for games a few members get into but hasn't quite gotten to the member capacity for a full front page section? This way games members are getting into (or joining from) have a tidy spot for data sharing.

Mantis
Overlord
Overlord
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Mantis » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Having trouble with Youtube links as well.

Crikket
High Wizard
High Wizard
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Crikket » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:14 am

Mantis wrote:Source of the post Having trouble with Youtube links as well.

What kind of trouble? I wont be home this weekend but I'll try to fix the most pressing problems on sunday night.

Donnie Darko
Vanir
Vanir
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Donnie Darko » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Drill Sergent + Khanologist ranks/groups!
Dirty, Mean, and Most Importantly Rude.

Vile
Raider
Raider
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Vile » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Actually, it's great that the appearance is different, now that the faction has changed, and a terminal-like forum theme would be pretty cool . Feels like a new era.

Have you thought about setting up more permission and privilege ranks and lock up most of the forum? It always bothered me that the general public could view like 95% of our whole forum, we were leaking way too much intel.

Maybe we change the medals slightly too? Some awards were more small-scale achievements then something actual noteworthy (like the 2396261 kills medal, 1 base raped, attended TD, those ain't so hard to get u 'now) while certain ones overlapped with others(black heart award) and some were somewhat trivial (pax bisonica, khanology, loud mouth). Takes away the feeling of actual achievement.

Mantis
Overlord
Overlord
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Mantis » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Crikket wrote:Source of the post

What kind of trouble? I wont be home this weekend but I'll try to fix the most pressing problems on sunday night.

Youtube links show as links, I am going to try to post one right now. I would love to see the youtube player get embedded like before

Crikket
High Wizard
High Wizard
Awards:

Forums TO-DO list!

Postby Crikket » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Mantis wrote:Source of the post
Crikket wrote:Source of the post

Youtube links show as links, I am going to try to post one right now. I would love to see the youtube player get embedded like before

Added a youtube BBcode. Usage is [ youtube]UNhfZ7hLiNw[ /youtube] No spaces naturally. Just use the ID of the video between the tags.

Return to “Announcements”